Acne is a common skin condition that affects many people and it may appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. It can be caused by sleep deprivation, too much stress, unhealthy eating habits and hectic lifestyles.
Though there is no absolute cure for acne, but there are many simple and easy natural treatments to prevent or minimize the problem.
Below are Top 10 Home Remedies for Acne
Ice can be used to combat the swelling, redness, and inflammation of pimples. It assists in improving blood circulation to the affected area, and also in tightening the pores as well as removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin. ice cubes or crushed ice can be employed to perform this process
- Wrap the ice in a small piece of cloth and hold it on the affected part of the skin area for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat the process for like 5 to 10 time a day and you’ll be amazed at the result you get.
2) Apple cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies for acne. One swipe of it can greatly reduce redness and treat the affected spots before they get out of control.
The malic and lactic acids in apple cider vinegar help draw out impurities and scale off the skin.
- Apply some diluted apple cider vinegar solution and leave it on while you sleep.
- Alternatively, if you don’t like sleeping with it then ensure you leave the solution on for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
3) Lemon juice
One of the simple but fast ways to get rid of acne is the use of lemon juice, it is highly rich in vitamin C and it helps acne dry up faster.
- Get a fresh lemon and extract the juice into a small bowl
- Dip a clean, white cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the affected part before going to bed.
Another effective way to use lemon juice as remedies for pimples is to mix it with cinnamon powder.
- Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and then put it on the affected area overnight. In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water.
However, this natural remedy might not be the best for those with sensitive skin.
The white toothpaste that cleans your teeth every morning can also be used to clear acne quickly.
Note: use only white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
These remedy works best when used after the ice remedy that has been discussed above.
Apply some white toothpaste over the acne area before sleeping.
Once you wake up in the morning, you can wash your face with water and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.
Oatmeal is very effective in reducing acne because it cleanses your skin pores and absorbs the excess oil. And also, it helps to exfoliate your skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with a half teaspoon of lemon in a cup containing cooked oatmeal.
- Mix the solution together and rub the mixture over the affected area
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Garlic is an antifungal, antiseptic, antioxidant, as well as an antiviral agent that can be of great help in treating acne quickly.
- Slice a fresh garlic clove into two halves.
- Rub the garlic on the affected area and then leave it for 5 to 10 minutes before washing the skin with lukewarm water.
For the quick and effective result, repeat the process several times a day.
7) Tea Tree Oil
Another great natural treatment for acne is the tea tree oil. Tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic and disinfects the pores.
It also helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne. Just one drop of tree tea oil to the affected area three times a day and you will be amazed by the results you’ll see.
Tea tree oil can be diluted with water or mix it with aloe vera gel and then apply.
8) Egg White
Eggs can also be a pretty effective home remedy for pimples apart from making a breakfast tasty. Egg whites have a nice tightening and toning effect, it shrinks the appearance of large pores and reducing excessive oil.
- To use, whisk one egg white and apply evenly to the skin. Allow it to dry fully and wash it with lukewarm water.
The lactic acid in milk helps to combat dryness which is one of the main causes of acne and also exfoliate dead skin cells.
Milk does not only soften and exfoliate your skin, it will also protect your skin and take care of any skin inflammations you may have.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of milk.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area.
- After 10-15 minutes dampen a cloth and remove with a circular
A little bit of honey goes a long way to care a lot of skin disease.
Raw and active honey has a great antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic properties which help to kill off bacteria, exfoliate the skin and help heal damaged skin layer
Organic honey is the perfect natural acne remedies
- To use, apply over the face and neck and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then massage in a circular motion and wash off with lukewarm water.